Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Green flashes in Spain are taken mainly from a plane

Today I spent a couple of hours walking around Barcelona before taking the flight back to Santiago this afternoon. I didn't have a chance to take any photos whilst there but I took a couple on the flight from Santiago as the sun was setting. With a thin layer of clouds and an otherwise clear sky there was a fantastic series of green flashes as the sun disappeared. Turning around awkwardly in my seat, I tried to rest against the side of the plane to get a good picture. Somehow there has been a funny trick of the light, I presume an artifact of reflections in the double pane, but a couple of the photos came out nicely with a green flash. I think this is probably the best of them and is the best, if strangest, green flash photo I've yet taken:

green flash from a plane over Spain

No comments: