Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back to the fray

The end of an eventful and enjoyable holiday and we rush headlong back to work. I've been thinking more about my overall views on life in China and the fact that I have less than 5 months left here. I'm going to be really sorry to leave the place and will certainly come back in the future. I can't see myself living out here forever at any point but somehow a two week trip here or there doesn't feel like it can do justice to any small part of China. Anyway, I'll write more when I have a spare moment.

I'm giving 3 hours of talks on Friday morning at a workshop that I know next to nothing about. I know neither the title nor the exact location or, most importantly, the range of people I will be lecturing to. I know there will be 3 hours on AdS/CFT the day before so I can try and simply build on this.

Anyway, more to write before Friday but I wanted to post a few photos from the last few days.

I took these photos in Haidian district of a new piece of sculpture that looked stunning on this wonderfully blue-skied day.
Splash 3
Making a splash
Making a splash 2
and these are taken in Chaoyangmen of a new building going up at the moment
Chaoyangmen 3
Chaoyangmen 2
More here.

I went camera shopping yesterday at the largest professional DSLR market in China. I'm getting my new camera next Saturday and will reveal details then. Needless to say, I'm very excited about having a new toy.

No comments: